Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Window Switch Recall

PapaEcho

When Toyota announced earlier in the year, that some of their cars may be subject to a recall. I put my 2010 Yaris' reg number into their search engine and it showed mine was ok.

Well they must have had a rethink because today I got 'Important Recall Info' letter. Nothing for me to do now, as Toyota will contact me again, once the programme is set up. Here's the chapter and verse

"It has come to our attention that on some Yaris vehicles there is a risk that, due to certain inconsistently lubricated drivers windows switches, debris from the electrical contacts can accumulate causing a short circuit with the potential for the switch to overheat". Hmm sounds a bit laid back and low-pressure but wasn't it minor electrical fires that caused the demise of the Canyonero http://tinyurl.com/ocml9cy :)

The recall was extended in October 2015.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links