Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery Drain

Yorkshire Ed

Not had my Aygo long and was wondering how long the Battery would last if the car is not used for a few weeks, I am retired and live in the centre of town so do not use the car much.

Ed

Stored outdoors? Why not get one of those solar panel trickle chargers. Stored in a garage? Then get a Battery minder they'll keep it topped up indefinitely.

But personally I wouldn't leave a car more than a month or so, or you'll need to consider the other stuff like tyres and brakes sticking on.

• Like 1

Stored outdoors? Why not get one of those solar panel trickle chargers. Stored in a garage? Then get a battery minder they'll keep it topped up indefinitely.

But personally I wouldn't leave a car more than a month or so, or you'll need to consider the other stuff like tyres and brakes sticking on.

Thats a thought I park the car next to my Motor Home which has a 120 watt solar panel on the roof to keep it charged up I may run a 12 volt fused cable between the two.

Ed

I'd take it for a good run even if you're not intending to go anywhere, that should keep the Battery topped up. Or let somebody else borrow it every so often and just put their name on your insurance.

• Like 1

I've had mine nearly a year and done 1700miles. i had a similar worry, but it seems the Aygo has nothing that drains the Battery. my car has been left 4 weeks without problem. it is regularly left 2 to 3 weeks as i work away from home. hope that helps your worries. i have fitted one of those cigarette lighter voltage displays (ebay) so i can see if a problem might occur, but so far hardly any volt drop to be worried about. :D

• Like 1

I've had mine nearly a year and done 1700miles. i had a similar worry, but it seems the Aygo has nothing that drains the battery. my car has been left 4 weeks without problem. it is regularly left 2 to 3 weeks as i work away from home. hope that helps your worries. i have fitted one of those cigarette lighter voltage displays (ebay) so i can see if a problem might occur, but so far hardly any volt drop to be worried about. :D

Thanks that's nice to know, I am all for simplified electronics in cars most are far too complicated.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links