Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

05 Avensis D4D 2.0 Temporary Power Loss And Black Smoke

driftestonia

Hello

Purchased a 2005 Avensis with 2.0 d4d engine. Had all of the maintenance done last week but few days after i bought the car it has been acting kind of weird. So the problem is that car loses power sometimes when i'm using higher gear for lower rpm's. For example today when driving to the school i was driving with 5th gear as always on the highway, there is a small 70 km/h section where I slow down from 90km/h and keep driving with 5th, most of the times i can accelerate back to 90 without any need to drop the gear but sometimes revs just won't build up and it feels like I have no boost at all, when I downshift the gear to 4th then revs slowly start to build up and when it hits 2k then the turbo steeply spools and I leave a black cloud behind me. It happens when the engine is warm, when the engine is colder it doesn't appear. I was thinking that maybe it is dirty EGR valve's fault, I had the mechanic to check turbo and piping and everything seemed to be clean and okay. It even happens in the slower speeds when suddenly I lose all of the power and revs just wont build up no matter how much you press the gas pedal or even try to like pump, when downshifting and revs hitting 2k then with turbo spooling again leaves a black cloud behind, otherwise normally when you floor it I can't see black smoke at all.

Sorry for my bad english

Best wishes from Estonia

Raido

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links