Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Inspirational Gen 4 Prius design

thecaretaker

At first, I just couldn't work out how the Toyota designers came up with their ideas for the new Prius. I couldn't understand all this talk on the forums about urinals.

Then, while searching on Google images, it suddenly hit me. Pure inspiration Toyota lol

1.jpg

• Like 1

They probably wanted it to look like the white iphone

1 hour ago, thecaretaker said:

At first, I just couldn't work out how the Toyota designers came up with their ideas for the new Prius. I couldn't understand all this talk on the forums about urinals.

Then, while searching on Google images, it suddenly hit me. Pure inspiration Toyota lol

1.jpg

I take it the one one the left is the light grey trim...........

£750 for a dvd player.

£400 for a ipad holder.

I wonder if a different 'skin' will be available to skin the cup holder so it looks less like a loo......

From Autocar's road test:

"JOBS FOR
THE FACELIFT
􀁏􀀃Think about a
manual mode for that
transmission.
􀁏􀀃Make some extra
second-row head room.
􀁏􀀃Offer other fascia
trims. Glossy white
won’t suit everyone."

12 hours ago, cuius said:

From Autocar's road test:

Think about a manual mode for that transmission.

Note to Autocar.  Read up on how the toyota hybrid system works then explain why that is a bad idea.

When a "respectable" car magazine makes such an inane remark, it really does make you wonder.

19 hours ago, thecaretaker said:

1.jpg

Seriously Toyota, how much effort would it have been to paint them to match interior, or if intended to stand out then painted to match the exterior colour?

My first show room look at the car, which was an Excel in black, with white, not pale grey leather.....plus the rather dreadful sanitory wear.

This car seemed to have both a black and 'white' dash board, which may well have appealed to me 50 years ago....but not now

Worse still, the wife was not impressed

The Business Plus seems the best option, but despite having a 'Business' moniker, still has minimal storage or useful space, and the loss of one glove box seems inexcusable.....just why cannot the door panel pockets run the full length of the door as the Germans do....why not a flat area on the dash panel with maybe a coin holder.....and of course I would be quite willing to tick the £1200 sun roof option that isnt offered!

In the showroom the Auris seemed much more restrained and 'sensible' in its design, but will have to wait patiently for the new Prius running gear

Interestingly, drivethedeal are doing the Business Plus with 15" for £20,900....a nice discount

With regard to the new Gen 4 Prius. Does the 15 inch spare wheel fit in in the under floor luggage compartment like the "skinny" spare on our Gen 3.?

On 20/03/2016 at 5:43 PM, Chris Dance said:

With regard to the new Gen 4 Prius. Does the 15 inch spare wheel fit in in the under floor luggage compartment like the "skinny" spare on our Gen 3.?

When I looked under the rear floor there was a large plastic infill tray which held a few tools and a can of gunk.  I guess if you have a space saver spare, this tray is removed to make room.  Unlike the gen3, there didn't seem to be a spare tyre compartment under the under-floor storage area.

According to the manual, there is a wheel well and it can hold a temporary spare or a 15" full size spare.

The theory is, that the rolling radius of a 17" & a 15" with it's bigger doughnuts are similar enough that you COULD use a 15" spare on the car as an emergency measure, note, could, not should, & mr T certainly will not sanction it.

Also the foamy bits are completely changed for tyre or goo, also, it may be that the boot floor is a little higher if a full size 15" spare is carried.

Sent from my iPad using Toyota OC

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links