Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 Kerb weight

Redgey

I have recently acquired a 63 registered RAV4 Icon D-4D AWD. I have found it very hard to find out the kerb weight of it. Can anyone help please?

• Like 1

I have a brochure dated Jan 2014 and from sort of deciphering it I think the manual is 1625kg and the auto is 1645kg for the Icon. Doesn't seem to matter if the manual is a 2L or a 2.2L. Looks like the auto was only on the 2.2L. May be worth adding that info to your profile.

Thanks for that.It is the 2.2 engine, will update that. I have spent ages searching for it & have seen it stated as 1640 & 1710 for the 2.2, & 1625 for the 2.0 manuals.I have a latest & the relevant year Brochures, & it only states the GVW. Further confusion arose with the type of engine making a difference. I have now established that it is a 2AD FTV 2.2 D-CAT.

Have a look on your vehicle registration document. It may be on there. 

It has not arrived yet.

Is it not on the information plate on the nearside door pillar?

It is indeed.

9 hours ago, Doosan said:

Is it not on the information plate on the nearside door pillar?

No only the GVW is on it

Go on to the Parkers website and look for your Rav4 on there. You can then go to "Facts & Figures" and it'll list it on there with all the other numbers related to your vehicle.

I used it comparing my 1998 Corolla against my (outgoing) 2010 Peugeot 3008. The Corolla is a good 500kg's lighter, which you'd expect as there's nothing in it.

If you need this information for towing, I would have thought the necessary info will be in the full owner's manual.

In my manual, in the specifications section under 'dimensions and weights' the following is given for each engine -

Gross vehicle mass, max permissible axle capacity front and rear, drawbar load, towing capacity with and without brake.

If one hasn't got the full owner's manual, one can download it - https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners-manual#/my-toyota/eManual

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If you need this information for towing, I would have thought the necessary info will be in the full owner's manual.

In my manual, in the specifications section under 'dimensions and weights' the following is given for each engine -

Gross vehicle mass, max permissible axle capacity front and rear, drawbar load, towing capacity with and without brake.

If one hasn't got the full owner's manual, one can download it - https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners-manual#/my-toyota/eManual

I do have a manual & it does list what you say but no mention of the Kerb weight of which one needs for calculating a match for towing a Caravan.

1 hour ago, mickburkesnr said:

Go on to the Parkers website and look for your Rav4 on there. You can then go to "Facts & Figures" and it'll list it on there with all the other numbers related to your vehicle.

I used it comparing my 1998 Corolla against my (outgoing) 2010 Peugeot 3008. The Corolla is a good 500kg's lighter, which you'd expect as there's nothing in it.

No joy there either. There is a long list of Ions but mot the one i have. I am beginning to think that the details about this vehicle are not quite correct. On mytoyota the vehicle is listed as RAV4 Icon AWD 2.2 D-4D. I can not find anything on the vehicle labels or in the engine compartment that actually states what the engine type is. Think i will have to take it to a weigh bridge to find out.

Ray,

It does indeed appear to be a secret. The manufacturers label, on the nearside door pillar as mentioned above, gives GVW and rear axle weight together with the VIN and model number. From that, and the owners handbook, you should be able to determine exactly which model and engine you have and thus the draw bar capacity and towing weights braked and unbraked. Nowhere within the handbook nor on the V5 can I find "kerb weight" details.

If you genuinely have a D-CAT as stated you will have the 2AD-FTV engine with DPF catalytic converter and details of the various weights are in the handbook.

The kerb weights from the brochure are given as 1625-1640 kg for the manual transmission and 1645-1720 kg for the automatic transmission - but I wouldn't be too sure how authoritative those might be ...

from what I posted the manual tranny has a braked limit of 2000Kg & the auto 1800Kg.

10 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

from what I posted the manual tranny has a braked limit of 2000Kg & the auto 1800Kg.

... though the link you posted appears to relate to models from the 4.3.5 series rather than the 4.4 which I assume the OP has since it is an Icon. That said, I believe the figures from the owners handbook for the 2013 4.4 are exactly the same ...

On 24 April 2016 at 9:34 PM, Redgey said:

No joy there either. There is a long list of Ions but mot the one i have. I am beginning to think that the details about this vehicle are not quite correct. On mytoyota the vehicle is listed as RAV4 Icon AWD 2.2 D-4D. I can not find anything on the vehicle labels or in the engine compartment that actually states what the engine type is. Think i will have to take it to a weigh bridge to find out.

I would,nt take the vehicle information on mytoyota as gospel. when i entered by registration my vehicle was described as a D-Cat. It isn't and i had to contact Toyota to get it changed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links