Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Owner - Question about Touch & Go

Jim45

I'm taking delivery of a 63reg Excel HSD next week that is fitted with Touch & Go, my question is:

Is there an SD card or USB stick that comes with the car for firmware re-installs or is it downloadable from MyToyota? All the correct manuals and the service book is with the car but I didn't spot anything else. I understand updated maps are available for a fee, does anyone kmow at what time of the year are they released as I don't want to Shell out for new maps if new ones imminent?

I am a new here, so I will post in the Introduce Yourself section when I have collected the car.

Many thanks.

i have just added nav onto our AURIS Icon all updates are done by the usb port

i would ask the dealer to update to the newest maps as they are £109 to buy

i am waiting for black friday to come around incase the maps are reduced in price.

i will then update my IS aswell.

i have to say i prefer the nav in the toyota over the nav in my lexus its just nicer

and better laid out.

afaik they are meant to be ~April & ~October but in my experience I wouldn't count on it ...

Thanks for the replies, but should there be any SD card or USB stick with the car?

No chance of getting the updates as it's from a Fiat/ Jeep dealer but the price of the car is very competitive. 

the maps are uploaded to the nav unit

as you can see from the attached image the usb connector is on the lower unit which is the navigation unit

and there is no mention of a port for an sd card

back of head unit.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links