Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front suspect noise

rob47

Hi all,got a 2009 t27 Toyota avensis on rough road surfaces I can hear a rattle checked bottom ball joints all ok changed  both link arms new anti roll bar rubbers bottom arm rubbers ok shocks ok but still rattle occurs any help would be appreciated , thanks rob

check  Front brake calliper guide pins 

Thanks mate you could be right yesterday I took n/s wheel off and noticed there was a lot of play on calliper  pins but thought that was normal if this is the cause what's the answer , thanks rob

I've had this on two T25's and one T27.  Lubricating the slider pins should quiten it down for a while, but you'd be best to get a new kit.

10 hours ago, alan333 said:

I've had this on two T25's and one T27.  Lubricating the slider pins should quiten it down for a while, but you'd be best to get a new kit.

Thanks Alan will get a new kilt and try that many thanks

They're not cheap BTW, and beware a kit only does one wheel.

1 hour ago, rob47 said:

Thanks Alan will get a new kilt and try that many thanks

I don't think that a new kilt will stop your Avensis making noises ... :laugh: Indeed if it's a cold, windy day you might start making some! :tongue:

• Like 1

Hi everybody , has anybody used the kits  for sale on eBay at 21.95 for both sides .

11 hours ago, rob47 said:

Hi everybody , has anybody used the kits  for sale on eBay at 21.95 for both sides .

It was a while ago when I did mine, but I seem to remember the part numbers being different on the eBay ones.  I went with the extortionate Toyota ones just to make sure they were correct.

• 4 months later...

Hi I put new Toyota slider pins in my avensis it made no difference,just to let you know

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links