Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 07 remote control not locking doors

Audrius Knystautas

Hi, everything was fine till yesterday, remote control stopped locking car and activate manufacture alarm. I can just unlock the car by fob and when I'm presing locking button the indicator on fob flash red but it does nothing to door lock. I been trying second key, but it's the same. Locking by key is fine, all doors and trunk locks. Any ideas where could be the problem?

The fact that the key will remotely unlock but not lock shows the keys are transmitting and the car is receiving but something is blocking the remote lock this is most likely something like a faulty door pin switch which is not showing the door as being shut when it actually is preventing the remote locking. an easy way to check to check for a faulty door switch is to open close each door ensuring the interior light is coming on/off and that the door open warning on the dash does the same, do the same with the boot lid too as this as well as the bonnet can stop the car from being remotely locked.

Where I could find boot lid pin it's Toyota Avensis 07 saloon and when the boot is open it's not showing on the dash

Its part of the boot latch

How that pin looks like? It gonna be visible when I will open it?

or mayby there is sheme of that latch on the internet?

I had checked the boot latch and it seems everything ok, what else I could test?

Hi, I think it's because the connectivity between the remote and the car is disturbed by something or it's just the remote problem. When my friend's car door was not unlocking with the remote, he tried everything. Then he decided to take the services from the locksmith LA. So he called a trained person from there and repair his remote. So you can also try them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links