Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust Problems!

abraxys

Hey guys,

Blew my front pipe while out a drive in the car the other day. Having problems getting hold of a exhaust that fitsn my paseo Si 96. Toyota want to replace the entire exhaust system for 361.98!!!! I DONT THINK SO!!

Its snapped not far off the CAT. My backbox is currently sitting in my boot. Kwik-Fit want to fit a Corolla 1.3 exhaust to it becos they cant find a paseo in their exhaust handbook (only problem is that Corolla never came in 1.5 engine. Also, with my induction kit fitted to it I`m worried I might blow it just as easy!!

p.s. new baby on the way or I would have bought a Powerflow exhaust!!

Anyone any ideas?? :thumbsup:

nothing else will fit, i've looked, and there are no bolt ons, because the 'seo's exhaust is one solid pipe from the downpipe to the back box. you'll need to get some tubing custom moulded to fit the bends of the car. I reccommend doing 2.25" mandrel bends. It's wide enough to increase HP significantly, while not too wide so that you lose backpressure. the mandrel bends ensure a free flowing path, whereas crush bends result in a sort of bottleneck effect at points in the exhaust. also, it's unwise to replace the catalytic converter, because there's an O2 sensor right after it, measuring the quality of the air coming through the cat, so you'd be throwing a Check Engine Light.

good luck. there are only 2 places in my entire area that do mandrel bending, and the one i'm working with keeps delaying the operation.

Where are you? Exactly the same thing happened to me this week, and I've got a guy doing a custom 3" backpipe and silencer for me for 140 quid. :D Check out http://www.soundsofsilence.co.uk for his website. You'd prolly get an entire system for less than a standard yota one!

woah, 3"??? talk about a power loss. sorry, but unless you have a different engine, 3" is WAY too big. you'll have no torque and not much more hp. the only people i know with 3" tubing are turbo Eclipses and WRXs.

he's talking about the rear pipe i think.

steer clear of kwik fit, bunch of rip off merchants.

if yourin Kent - drop by Maidstone exhausts, they'll do a frontpipe for 120 quid fitted - try & speakto Raz or Mario.

J

I am indeed talking about the backpipe. i got no exhaust and the guy's going on holiday on friday, so i had to take to make a snap decision based on what he has in stock now....

Cheers dudes!! :thumbsup:

Gonna try a few suggestions you gave me. By the way, I currently live in Dundee, but my family all live in Falkirk.

Becos the car has no exhaust right now I`m unable to drive it anywhere right now!! :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links