Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flooded Toyota Yaris 64 plate

Toyota Yaris 64

I am new to this site we own 1) Verso 59 plate 2) Toyota Yaris  64  plate 3) Toyota Yaris 16 plate

Yesterday the 64 plate was a nonstarter due to flooded engine ..(.it has been service and Mot 30.09.17 )press the clutch and gas pedal to the floor started after 15 seconds as advised by my mechanic 

the mystery is why !! I used it on Monday left overnight on driveway tried to start it about 17:30 ..it wont fire ...since then we have used it yesterday and this morning with no problem

anybody else had had this  kind of issue ..

Hello Sam - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Yaris club.

I wouldn't worry unless it happens again........

Perfectly normal for modern cars. Start it from cold (maximum richness decided by ECU) and move it a few yards, then it won't re-start. Pressing the accelerator to the floor turns off the fuel and blows it clear.

I had this problem years ago with daughter's Nissan Micra. Drive it out of the garage, stop it to lock garage and gates and the thing wouldn't re-start. No way was it worth leaving it with the engine running while gates and garage door were dealt with.

I have had the same occasionally when reversing out of our garage and leaving the car for a few minutes. Do not regard lt as a problem.

Had the same issue a few times on my iQ now.

A couple of times it was due to starting the car when cold, only moving a few feet and stopping again. Managed to get it started by accelerator pedal to the floor and keep trying the start button. 

A couple of times though it was caused by low fuel. Even though the car drove home fine and was showing fuel on the gauge it was low. I can only guess that during the initial prime of the fuel system the pump got a gulp of air and then once that was in the pipe it was very hard to clear again. Just keep trying it was the solution and eventually it fired and off I went to the petrol station. This problem may be unique on the iQ though as it has a very flat, underfloor fuel tank.

Craig.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links