Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

07 Avensis Tourer needs replacing

gliese581

My 07 Petrol Tourer has been the best car I have ever had. 110K on the clock. Like most Avensis's never had any anything go wrong or need replacing apart from usual service items. However she is starting to loosen up a bit, and I'm thinking money may need to be spent soon. Still on original clutch for example. So I'm thinking of getting another petrol tourer. Problem is most of the petrols for sale appear to be CVT. Are these any good? I've read that they are not "proper" automatics! And for bigger engines particularly bad. Anyone have experience of the Avensis 1.8 petrol CVT? Any thoughts appreciated.

I owned one for a couple of years.  Great around town, annoyingly revvy on motorway hills.  Seems reliable, fuel economy about the same as a manual.

HonestJohn reckoned the 1.8 CVT to be his favourite version. There are 1.8 manuals around too though, you just need to be patient.

• Like 1

Had my 1.8 cvt for a week now.

1/ Plenty of power to pull with ease, please don,t go by the limited reviews. A great combination with not much loss against diesel miles (we know where thats going)

2/ CVT Box a joy to drive, slick no judder just enjoyable driving, would never go back to manual.

3/ The new version is a stunning car, so glad I took the plunge, even like the auto hand brake, creates some much space for the centre console.

no problem using its just a change unless you do drifting!/

Test drive one look out they do come up, would be sad if they stopped making this car.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think 110k is very much mileage, mine has 140k on and is used as a taxi. Only thing it's needed (apart from head gasket) since getting it with 50k on is a wheel bearing, apart from disks and pads that you do on any car, still on original clutch, just passed it's 6 monthly test no problem. There are plenty of other cars, both petrol and diesel, going with no problems over 200k, I know of one guy who has done 360k in his 06 plate with very little maintenance needed apart from servicing and wear out parts such as pads and tyres.

Depending on where you live and how much you use it.   you will be without a handbrake as the t27 is electronic.    Something to keep in mind.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links