Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

So much to learn

Jonmartin

I do like this car, but there is so much about it that is not documented. So I have a question. I have found that as I drive along, not too fast, not too slow, every so often I hear a chime, for to me, no apparent reason. Can anyone shred any light as to why this happens ?

I do have satnav, but it makes the chime noise with the satnav on or off. I will consult my dealer, and hope they know. Thanks for your reply.

The nav will chime regardless of being used as it is warning about a fixed safety camera nearby

That is the fixed safety camera warning and they are annoying. What's more annoying is that there is no way to only get rid of the audible warning by e.g. turning the volume down - you have to switch off "show safety cameras" completely. This is just one of many idiosyncrasies of the built in sat nav.

Oooooh.... I wonder if this is why I have been seeing an increasing number of people braking randomly over the past few years!

I'll just be driving along on the motorway or dual-carriage, fast flowing traffic, everyone flying past me because I'm only doing 70mph (Well, 60mph these days... new Yaris is super thirsty at 70mph!) and someone will brake, seemingly randomly, well before any lines indicating speed cameras or such. Not a lot, but enough that I end up undertaking them a little bit later because my speed hasn't changed.

I'll have to try and spot if they have satnavs as I re-pass them, as that might explain the bizarre behaviour which has been bugging me for a long time now!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links