Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Check Brake light system alarm

Joregan75

HI All

I'm driving a 2009 T27 Avensis , I presently have an alarm coming up on dash ' check brake light system ', but when I press the brake the alarm goes off but comes back on a few minutes later . I should say the alarm is intermittent sometimes it doesn't show while I drive the car . 

Anybody ever seen this ? Thinking it might be a short or a faulty bulb  but have never seen an alarm for a bulb on the car before , does the T27 show an alarm if a brake bulb blows ?? 

Thanks 

J

Hi All 

Just an update on this problem , I have now noticed that the brake lights are staying on when I turn on my front lights , and when I turn off the front lights the brake lights work as normal again . Any thoughts ?? 

Also can the rear led brake lights be replaced as I can't see how to remove them   

Cheers 

J

Check the cable/plugs/connectors feeding the rear lights, I suspect a bad earth.  Or it could be something to do with the "rear led brake light" if you already have a problem there.

21 hours ago, Joregan75 said:

Also can the rear led brake lights be replaced as I can't see how to remove them   

iirc the manual has these as non user replaceable.

I would check the earth before buying replacements. The brake lights work normally with side/headlights off. If there is damp in the light circuits or connections, that could be a possible cause. An auto electrician may help. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links