Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

That damn 'Boot/Trunk Curtain(US Tonneau)'

Prius Man

Yes I know it's another minor matter, but I'm on my second Prius (Gen 2 > Gen3) and blissfully happy etc.

However, there is at least 1 issue carried forward from Gen2 which continues to annoy me, that of the tricky to grip and slightly fragile 'Curtain' masking the Boot compartment.

I use the Boot quite often and I always find the Curtain a challenge, it can be slippy if you've damp hands, just a tricky thing to grab.

When I first acquired this Gen 3 Prius the entire leading edge of the Curtain was split open; glueing job required.

Coming to my point, which is, on the new Prius Gen IV they have fitted a neat handle with three slim bolts retaining it.

The only problem is that apparently you have to purchase the entire 'Curtain' to obtain the 'Grip Handle' which I'm confident would, with some persuasion, fit the Gen 2 & 3, but the Curtain wouldn't.

Anyone know if it would be possible to wangle just the 'Grip Handle'?

Otherwise I'll have to fashion one from wood; opportunity for a niche business perhaps?

Please let me know.

Also, does anyone know if there's a paint code for the silver alloy wheels on the Spirit Gen3 thanks?

Many thanks.

Regards

CHris Lynch

(Prius Man)

Worth checking the breakers to see if someone's properly stuffed a Gen 4?

Thanks Guys, much appreciated.

Keith, I do like that idea of the 3D Printer to produce the 'Grab Grip'. Can I leave that with you for a respectable fee please?

Only kidding, but that's a great idea. So, am I right in assuming you own the self same Gen IV I refer to?

Regards

Chris Lynch

(Prius Man)

You could try superglueing a small bit of delicately-cut old carpet to either (or both) top/bottom edge of the 'flap' thing. Should give something to grip hold of.

Looking at my Gen 4, the rear lip of the cover seems to be quite thick, about 5 mm, I don't remember the Gen 3 being as thick, so the Gen 4 handle may not fit without modification. It would probably be quicker to make one to suit the Gen 3 from scratch, as you suggested, from wood.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links