Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have a leak coming from passenger side floor vent

Waheed1994

Hi guys basically I had a coolant leak kept putting water in and it was disappearing so went to garage and he told me radiator needed changing so changed it and still the water was dissapearing so went back to garage he was like no that normal coz it’s a new radiator so then I thought I’d give it a clean took out the passenger floor mat was about to vacuum it and all the carpet was soaked so was the mat I mean drenched and the water was jus dripping through so I went back to garage he put the liquid In to seal it which it did for like a week and now it seems to be leaking again please if any one can help let me know and also my heating is cold it only comes out a lil warm from passenger side all the rest are cold. Thanks 

Is there not a heater radiator that can leak. As opposed to the normal radiator. It used to be tucked up in behind the dashboard in a lot of older cars thus soaking the carpet when it leaked. Might be same in ur motor.

"Is there not a heater radiator that can leak"

That's what I'd suspect.  More commonly known as the "heater matrix"

Don't think I like your garage.  No properly fitted new radiator would lose coolant, unless the air had not been bled correctly from the system when the garage fitted it.  Unfortunately some modern cars have cooling systems which can be difficult to bleed.

Edited by Notoyboy

Will it be the heater matrix would I need a new one? Maybe that’s why it’s letting cold air out of vents 

I wud have thought that's ur problem. From cars I have owned in the past, that did same thing but get a mechanics opinion . Maybe a different mechanic. 

yes definitely a different mechanic 

Cud be a fair bit of work getting it changed. Dashboard wud prob have to come out to get access to heater matrix. But a good mechanic will know for sure. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links