Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing A/C pipe

peter.ling24@gmail.com

Hi again.

Last post was concerning changing a A/C pipe that was leaking. 

Am attempting to undo an alluninium A/C joint but have no idea how it comes apart.

Enclosing a photograph.

Would appreciate any comments please.

Regards

Peter ling.

1527497508551-1290534485.thumb.jpg.cf60cc4fb2d192b14300e476968f51bd.jpg

Well, I finally managed to separate the A/C pipe as shown in the photograph.

A very kind young man at Toyota assured me that no specialized tools were needed.

The key is to break the seal. I did by using 2 small pairs of adjustable grips which my son suggested I use.

They need to be small as the space is very restricted.

Care must be taken not to fracture the pipes so I used some insulation foam tubing  the sort to insulate domestic water pipe. I put this around the A/C pipe and then used the grips over the foam tubing. Supporting either side of the joint,  just move the grips to move the seal. After this the joint began to seperate. Care must be taken as there is a smaller A/C pipe in very close proximity.

No other tools are needed. 

Will try to remove the A/C pipe in its entirety as this will hopefully guide me to replace the new A/C pipe tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

New A/C pipe now fitted.

A small pin hole was the problem with the old pipe. I did have too cut the old pipe to remove it. Fitting the new pipe was fiddley to fit but manageable. The only problem was the large bore wiring loom from the bulkhead. The new pipe is supposed to go under the loom, I fitted the pipe in front of the loom which does put a little resistance on the pipe. There is insulation on the pipe which will minimise any friction.

Has increased my confidence to tackle more issues on the car. Brake pipe corrosion next.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links