Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Show album art playing USB - Avensis T2 touring sport 1.8

Jacob Arndt

Hi Toyota Club

I have a new Avensis with Toyota Touch 2 Generation 2 without Go/Navigation. I folllwed a different thread with dark matter regarding this very same issue. I tried everything from the other thread including:

Using a mp3tag program to add picture to album. I even keept it in 200x200 resolution, eventhoug dark matter said it worked fine for him with higher. I also contacted the dealer where I bought the car, but they were unable to assist me. My software version is 0101B8 in case someone wants to know.

No matter what I have tried, I simply see this when playing any songs (attached). The USB is formatted in FAT32. Also please note that same USB displays fine in other cars and normal laptops.

Avensis.jpg

Hi Jacob, welcome to TOC ☺️

Iirc the non-satnav version of Touch2 didn't get a firmware update when v6.x for satnav. was introduced with upgrades so it is possible that Go versions have capabilities that plain Touch2 doesn't have. I note that you are not in the UK - as you found dealers are unlikely to help with this sort of things but here we could inquire direct to multimedia@toyota.co.uk , perhaps there is a similar email address in your country? 

Hi Scott

Thanks for the warm welcome:-). When googeling my software version, I found a firmware update. After registering my Avensis on the Danish Toyota site, it asked me to select my multimedia system. And by doing so I should be able to updtate the firmware. Sadly it turned out it was not possible to register without having Go/Navigation. So got a bit stuck there. Thanks for the advice on mail support. I will give it a go and send a mail to multimedia@toyota.dk and see if I get any reply....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it would seem I have to give up on this matter. I have been over a bunch of homepages. I had a ticket open at the dealers techincal support. I registred on https://www.toyota-tech.eu/TLLogin.aspx to get more info. It would seem the conclusion lands something like this: If the car is without navigation, in my case GO, then displaying Album Art in not supported. If one would mount the GPS box (too many $$$$$), that will replace the software version and this will work. My fathers RAV4 from 2016 had navigation and displays album art nicely using my USB drive. I simply find it extremely difficult to understand why Toyota is not supporting this in Avensis from 2018. This is not a lowend/cheap car, at least not in Denmark. The other day I had a rental car: Dacia Stepway. Worst car ever, but it could display Album Art😀

Another thing is that it is not possible to update the firmware/software when no navigation device.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links