Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can I use carb cleaner on MAF and throttle body?

dirarko

Hello,

I have a 2008 MMT toyota corolla. I am having a small issues when accelerating, the car isn't responding immediately. I thought that maybe cleaning the mass air filter and the throttle body would help. Searching the internet, I found some forms and videos suggestion using carb cleaner, others says it's too harsh for the MAF and OK with the throttle body. Is it safe or has anybody tried carb cleaner to clean both parts?

Thanks in advanced

I'd say fine for your throttle body, but, on the Maf, perhaps use Isopropyl Alcohol and a cotton bud, gently

Something that will evaporate off and leaves no residue, carb cleaner and brake cleaner can leave residue

Hi, for the MAF there is a product on the market called Zoff. It started off life to get the sticky mess plasters leave around wherever you has put the medical plaster. Cleans all sorts of things as it has a spirit in a absorbent cloth that 100% evaporates and I use it for all sorts of things, anything say white spirit isn't suitable for, I recommend to anyone to buy a box, it lasts ages and very handy when you need it. It can be found on Amazon, just put the name in the search bar. Mike.

• Like 2

I use electrical switch cleaner on the MAF with a cotton bud to gently remove the film build up.

Carb cleaner is ok on the throttle body to clean the butterfly flap etc, but not on any electrics.

Thank you all for the responses.

• Like 1

All cleaned. The car is running without any issue now. I ended up using electrical contact cleaner on the MAF .Thanks

IMG_20180706_192133_HHT.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links