Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

X Touch

Rocky2040

So I know this is a touchy subject with newer Aygo owners and that new advert for the Ayro with it reading the text messages really winds me up.

I have had my 2014 with x touch for a year now, went I got it I did a lot of reading online about what the phone connectivity does and does not do.

I have an iPhone 7, the call stuff works fine (most of the time) via bluetooth. When I plug my phone in via lighting cable I can access my music / podcasts. If get a text when connected I can even read it. My call history does sync but text history does not. Nor can I send a text.

I am aware that the screen mirror stuff is useless unless you use an iPhone 4 or Samsung S3.

However recenrly I have been thinking about sat nav. Am I correct in thinking there are two ways to get nav on the x touch screen ?

1. via screen mirror with a phone

2. Via some on board Toyota system

3. If number 1 is out, does anyone have any idea how about adding 2 number to my x touch. Information online is limited, no YT videos on the subject that I could find. I even called my local dealer and they were clueless

Currently with my Samsung Ativ S phone, when connected to the X-touch via bluetooth, when text messages are received, I can choose for them to be read out to me or not, and I can reply to a text message verbally.

Although we may be changing to an Android phone shortly.

As regards sat nav, one could choose to have the X-nav module added to the X-touch, at a cost.

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Currently with my Samsung Ativ S phone, when connected to the X-touch via bluetooth, when text messages are received, I can choose for them to be read out to me or not, and I can reply to a text message verbally.

Sounds extremely interesting! I also have a Windows Phone (Lumia 735) connected to my Aygo via bluetooth but haven't managed to do what you describe; can you share some info on that? 

I hope we're not getting off-topic. 

Haven't done anything special. Phone already had Cortana enabled. When a text cones in, it is displayed on X-touch as a private call, but Cortana, through the multimedia system, tells me I have a text message, and asks whether I want to read it or ignore it. If I decide to read it, Cortana reads me the message and gives me the option to reply. If I decide to reply, I speak what I want the text reply to read. Cortana then gives me the option to send, add more or cancel.

It has worked like this from the day I took delivery of the Aygo.

This only applies to new messages - cannot access existing messages.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rocky2040 said:

So I know this is a touchy subject with newer Aygo owners and that new advert for the Ayro with it reading the text messages really winds me up.

I have had my 2014 with x touch for a year now, went I got it I did a lot of reading online about what the phone connectivity does and does not do.

I have an iphone 7, the call stuff works fine (most of the time) via bluetooth. When I plug my phone in via lighting cable I can access my music / podcasts. If get a text when connected I can even read it. My call history does sync but text history does not. Nor can I send a text.

I am aware that the screen mirror stuff is useless unless you use an iPhone 4 or Samsung S3.

However recenrly I have been thinking about sat nav. Am I correct in thinking there are two ways to get nav on the x touch screen ?

1. via screen mirror with a phone

2. Via some on board Toyota system

3. If number 1 is out, does anyone have any idea how about adding 2 number to my x touch. Information online is limited, no YT videos on the subject that I could find. I even called my local dealer and they were clueless

To add Nav you need to order the X-nav kit see: https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/0336742c-e173-406b-a612-fe19c04843bd/Aygo_X_NAV_RHD_PZ41C_90331_00_AIM_003_763_1.pdf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links