Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PCV Valve replacment

dirarko

Hello,

When should I consider replacing my PCV valve? Do I need to use torque wrench to tighten the bolts ?

Thanks

I've asked a similar question because the PCV needs cleaning at every 60,000 miles. Replacement is not necessary if it can be cleaned. Not sure how or what with though.

Hello, 

The PVC is hidden inside the engine exhaust cover, and since it's not expensive I will replace it. But I don't own a torque wrench, so I was wondering if I can do without it. 

I think I recall seeing the PCV needs to be to torque 20 NM. But it is not necessary to have it torqued up rather just use a 19mm ring spanner and tighten until it stops.

Hi,

Yes. The engine I have is 1ZR-FE. The PCV is hidden inside the exhaust cover, the torque wrench is for the cover. Thanks

Just cleaned my PCV as above because recommendation by Toyota was to change it every 60,000 miles. It doesn't need changing if cleaned properly with lots of Carb Cleaner. I tightened the PCV up with some PTFE tape on the thread to 20NM and on start up the engine is running MUCH smoother now.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links