Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Impressions

Leo22

Hi all

First few days with new to me 2014 Auris 1.33 Icon. I like it. Lively little engine and nice gearbox. Surprisingly comfortable ride, which is high praise, considering my last car was the supremely comfortable Citroen C6. The car also seems to be very economical. My only issue so far is that the engine is quite noisy on tickover. A tappety or ticking noise which disappears with revs. Has anyone any experience of this? I read somewhere else that these Toyota engines are like that.

Looking forward to taking it for some longer runs soon.

Leo

That's quite a shift from a C6 (one of my dream cars - I had a BX, Xantia and Visa before my Auris). I'm not sure a ticking noise is normal in any engine, but I don't know this particular engine.

Hi

Yes, quite a change from the C6, but after nine happy years it blew a head gasket and cracked a head so it had to go. Plastic parts in the cooling system caused the issue. My son is now seventeen so the Auris was easy to insure for him and that pretty much explains things.

Leo

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links