Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P0102 & P0113 Error Codes - Toyota Auris 1.3 2009

webjaved

Hello,

I plugged in my OBII Reader out of curiosity as I recently bought a Toyota Auris 1.3 2009 from a Car Dealer. It's flagged P0102 & P0113. It's had a new air filter put in, engine oil cleaned out. 

Where do I start looking at the problems flagged and where do I need to look in the car? 

Thanks in advance. 

IMG_20180928_185535.jpg

IMG_20180928_185541.jpg

If you bought it within the past six months, the dealer has a legal responsibility to sort it under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

See the section 'The first six months' of - https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

52 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If you bought it within the past six months, the dealer has a legal responsibility to sort it under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

See the section 'The first six months' of - https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

Interesting. I bought the car from Woodbine Motor Group Ltd in Bolton. 

If I was to get it repaired so the error codes disappeared where would I start? The airflow sensor seems relatively easy to sort out. The other error code doesn't sound too easy to sort. 

Is the engine management light on? If not, clear the error codes and see if they come back. They could be from months or even years ago, and relate to a long-fixed fault. 

I seem to recall that both of those codes could be triggered by momentarily running the engine with the MAF sensor unplugged, so may not even relate to a fault. 

On 9/29/2018 at 7:18 PM, yossarian247 said:

Is the engine management light on? If not, clear the error codes and see if they come back. They could be from months or even years ago, and relate to a long-fixed fault. 

I seem to recall that both of those codes could be triggered by momentarily running the engine with the MAF sensor unplugged, so may not even relate to a fault. 

The engine light isn't on, the car is running fine. The air flow sensor, I did take that out and gave it a clean with the air flow spray - one side of it was dirty, the other was relatively clean. 

On the OBD Reader, do I go to erase codes? Or perform another scan which will overwrite the initial scan? I did that and it brought the same error codes. If I select the option "Erase Codes" will that somehow knacker the reader up? Never tried it, so I want to be on the safe side. 

Yes, erase the codes using the code reader. Those codes are currently stored in the car's ECU but they could be from a long time ago, potentially from any point in the cars 9 year history if the ECU has not been cleared of fault codes before. The fact that the engine management light is not illuminated suggests that they do not relate to a current fault. After erasing the codes drive the car as normal for a while then try scanning it again. Hopefully you will find that the fault codes do not return.

5 minutes ago, yossarian247 said:

Yes, erase the codes using the code reader. Those codes are currently stored in the car's ECU but they could be from a long time ago, potentially from any point in the cars 9 year history if the ECU has not been cleared of fault codes before. The fact that the engine management light is not illuminated suggests that they do not relate to a current fault. After erasing the codes drive the car as normal for a while then try scanning it again. Hopefully you will find that the fault codes do not return.

This might be a stupid question, if I erase the codes using the "Erase Codes" after the diagnostic has taken place, will it work again and show the error codes again if an error is detected on the car? 

8 minutes ago, webjaved said:

This might be a stupid question, if I erase the codes using the "Erase Codes" after the diagnostic has taken place, will it work again and show the error codes again if an error is detected on the car? 

Yes it will. All 'Erase Codes' does is to erase the list of stored faults in the car's ECU. If the same fault crops up again in the future the code reader will pick up the same error code again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 5:06 PM, yossarian247 said:

Yes, it will. All 'Erase Codes' does is to erase the list of stored faults in the car's ECU. If the same fault crops up again in the future the code reader will pick up the same error code again.

The car is running fine, my brother bought the car reader and I plugged it in to my car to test it, it brought up no faults 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links