Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2.2 injectors

damian01211

Hi guys,

So my engine at the moment decided to go head gasket... So I have a chance of sorting a new engine with way less millage on it but they seller is not sure if its they FTV or the FHV.

The engine's gonna come in with the pump and injectors in it. When he looked at the plate in the engine it was said to be 2AD 522448. Doesn't really help me a lot.

Any way, my question is, if I get this engine and it comes up to be the FHV version, will it work with my FTV ECU? Avensis T180 2.2 D4D 2006.

No the FHV engine will not work with your FTV setup, the number given is the engine number and could be either FTV/FHV the easiest way to tell them apart is:

FTV engine the injectors are internal to the rocker cover the fuel feed pipes pass through holes and only the top plug is visible

FHV engine the injectors are external to the rocker cover and the injector clamps are visible along with a good few inches of injector 

• Like 1

Thanks very much for help, I wasn't sure if the FHV setup would run on FTV. Thanks for the tips, I know what to look for and ask him in the morning.

Thanks very much!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links