Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Needed

fiz-gt4

hi peeps, got a problem with my baby gt4, she over heats if i drive over 90 mph or if i thrash it around after a good while, :ffs:

parts i've had replaced and still have the problem

new rad.

new rad cap.

new water pump.

new thermostat.

new turbo gasket.

new head gasket.

second hand head which was crack tested and was fine.

cam belt replaced.

serviced.

its doin my head in, :ffs:

i really like the car and want 2 keep it, wat else can it be, :drool:

when it over heats the water flows out from the over flow pipe, i dont need to top up alot of water only a very small amount, i shouldn't need 2,

can any1 help me please.

thanks in advanced :thumbsup:

Are you sure you're not overfilling the expansion bottle. The radiator pressure cap is designed to let out coolant as it expands with the heat then suck it back in as the engine cools. The expansion bottle only need to be about half full (there should be a level mark on it somewhere). It only has fluid in it so that the engine doesn't suck in air. Does the temperature gauge show overheating?? Dont forget that the gauge may rise a little when you slow down after a thrash, thats caused by heat soak where the engine builds up latent heat.

Is your intercooling working?

You havent got any lights coming up on your dash have you?

How much coolent have you got? Doesnt need a top up does it?

If you have done all the things below then id be very worried if its still overheating.

There isnt anything obstruction the air intakes is there?

kelvyn and leeky, thanks guyz, that i didnt know so i will get that checked out asap,

thanks again :thumbsup:

An air lock in the coolant system could cause that. Both the overheating and the over flow. Were all those parts replaced at the same time or one after the other? Increased chance of letting air into the system if it was all done at separate times. Try bleeding the coolant and refilling her. Also is the coolant the right mix of water and coolant?

Simple things but you never know!

thanks again mate, need all the advice i can get, car should be going in on the weekend 2 get these things tested and replaced ect :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links