Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Panel gaps

hafnia

So last Monday I hit a wall... I’ve already replaced my rear bumper and getting it painted next week. Sadly the tailgate, bumper and taillights don’t line up that well. If it was a tiny bit I could ignore it, but it looks terrible. Anyone here knows how much it would cost to get this sorted out? 

E60BED9D-C234-4BA3-B6A5-4AA885923855.jpeg

What year car and model did the bumper come off ? Early Mk 3 ? Did you replace the bumper brackets as the clips on them break off very easily if you hit the bumper too hard

Edit. Any damage to the crash bar/bumper reinforcement ? Any damage to the rear valance ?

• Like 1

Not sure of the year, but it’s the exact as my old one. I didn’t replace the bumper brackets since they seemed fine, compared to the other side which sits flush. The chassis is also bent in (approximately 4-7 cm) on the left, and needs welding, do you think I will have issues with rust? The reinforcement is fine though. 

Are you sure that it is attached well enough by the mechanics?

It doesn't need welding, it need to be put on a frame jig and pulled back into shape, only by looking at the pics its been pushed in and up, in turn pulling the rear quarter out of shape

You need to take it into a decent bodyshop and have it checked

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links