Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Code P1271

Sam250

Can anyone Help as banging my head against a wall I have a 2010 60 plate Toyota Verso 2.0D-4d engine manual done 86k the car drives perfect but the engine light is on and then when you drive it then puts the VSC light on too but only when you drive. I have had it code read and a fault code comes up P1271 which suggests its a regulator on he fuel common rail so fitted a new regular value  and no different what so ever please help 

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
Title edited to reflect subject

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Verso club

P1271 (Open or short in pressure discharge valve circuit):

This DTC will be set if there is no valve opening confirmation (IJf) signal sent from the EDU to the ECM, despite the ECM has commanded the EDU to open the pressure discharge valve. This DTC refers to an open or short circuit malfunction of the pressure discharge valve circuit, not a malfunction in which a valve is stuck open or closed.

The EDU monitors the current supplied to the pressure discharge valve to verify that the current flows into the valve. If the current exceeds the specified level, the EDU interprets this as the IJf signal being low. If this DTC is stored, the ECM enters the fail-safe mode and limits engine power. The fail-safe mode continues until the ignition switch is turned off.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links