Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boost Control And Unichip

RichB

If you have a unichip fitted, what ramifications would there be of also fitting a boost controller.

I am thinking that a Unichip will ensure the car is mapped best for fuel, but then you are stuck with high non changable boost. If you want to run lower boost for reliability sakes, and only up the boost on special occasions would there be any trouble?

PS... I'm still mulling this over, every day I decide something different. FCD + G Valve, then Unichip, then FCD and EBC.. bahhhhhhh

I want something easy to use, reliable, and adjustable really, but something that also optimises the cars performance - don't ask for much eh!

My latest scheme is an FCD, and an EBC, mounted into the space in the dash under the radio, next to a cyclical boost gauge - would look awesome - and kinda handy.

Also, a question about 'adjustable FCD' - does this mean you set the boost pressure you want the FCD to act at and if so, does this mean the car will make sure it doesn't run rich/lean when messing with the FCD?

argh .. so many q's ..

An adjustable FCD means you can move the fuel cut. Some FCD's just remove it altogether (which is bad .. m'kay)

I've got an FCDand an AVC-R and it's good setup for £300 .. and it's all adjustable etc ..

I`ve got the exact same problem, although im gettin a new turbo and intercooler just to make things a little more awkward.

I`m doing unichip, i have a HKS FCD but i dont think i`ll need that nemore if i get the unichip will i?, and ive got a turbo xs dual solenoid boost controller. It`s on a dash mounted switch, low boost 10psi, and high boost is gonna be 18. Will the unichip let me map the fuelling for both the low and high boost settings? :wacko:

see I was wondering the same.

I have a unichip which controls the boost setting. Am curious if I can fit something in car to control the boost also.

Will ask the dastek boys at the end of the month when I go up and see them.

will u let me know jim when u find out? cheers

Oh by the way jim, ive been given a great price on the border carbon bonnet from ian at voodoo sounds and styling, because ive ordered the carbon scoops too.

It`s £530 inc all taxes and delivery...which is the best price ive got so far.

Just thought id let u know m8.

I would be interested in the advice from Dastek aswell - I wonder if they do a control unit for the unichip or something that allows it to hold more than one map, based on some predefined low and high settings?

Personally I *think* I will go AVC-R Apexi and a FCD from Fensport.

I notice there are a few cheap FCDs on eBay - don't think I should trust one - what do people here think?

For an FCD .. Speak to Rogue Systems .. they have one in the pipeline that sounds quality ..

Mine I have to adjust with a multi meter and a table of values .. I believe the new one they are doing will be so much easier to setup & change ..

I'd suggest PM'ing or Mailing Matt ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links