Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

resetting 'maintenance required' warning

birdseye

After getting terrible servicing from local Toyota dealers I'm going to change the oil myself so I know it's 0W-20 and not the thicker stuff they put in and then deny it.

I know the Maintenance required ' warning will pop up unless i turn it off, all the videos showing how to do this are on US vehicles and I could not find the same setting on my 2016 car.  Under the maintenance setting there is only TPMS and not anything else

RTM - Maintenance required is only applicable to USA-only Models - page 403 or 579 in the manual or section 7-2

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

RTM - Maintenance required is only applicable to USA-only Models - page 403 or 579 in the manual or section 7-2

So I won't get a pop up warning then,  looking at the bad revues of some of the Toyota dealers you have to wonder how they get away with it

4 hours ago, birdseye said:

I'm going to change the oil myself so I know it's 0W-20

Which may cause issues with the new car warranty - servicing has to be undertaken by a Toyota dealer or VAT registered garage. 

29 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Which may cause issues with the new car warranty - servicing has to be undertaken by a Toyota dealer or VAT registered garage. 

Possibly true although the general 3yr warranty expires next month, I can supply a local family owned garage with the correct oil & filter as an alternative.

Why am I doing this? when I find the Toyota dealer blatantly lied and I go to the trouble of performing a viscosity test on the oil to prove they lied, then report it to Toyota and get a negative response I have no faith in any of them.  That's two of my nearest Toyota dealerships incapable of carrying out work properly,  one even overfilled the oil of my Gen 2 by 1 Ltr so it was right up the dipstick.

3 minutes ago, birdseye said:

the general 3yr warranty expires next month

If it is a car supplied by Toyota GB , first sold by a Toyota GB dealer, and is still in the UK, the car will have come with a 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty. 

I'm not interested in why you're doing this - it is your choice.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links