Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing that wont effect the Warranty

JON DAVIES

I need to arrange a full service for my auris hybrid 66 plate

to keep the warranty do i need to have it serviced at a Toyota dealership?

I have heard that it could be serviced elsewhere if Toyota parts are used?

If that is correct - I am  in South Norfolk, Does anyone know of a garage?

Thanks Jon

One can use a VAT registered garage for servicing. However, in the event of a warranty claim which is dependent on correct servicing having been done, the onus is on the owner to have proof the car has been serviced according to manufacturer requirements. Not just reliant on using OE parts. 

Outside of the new car warranty, one would lose any goodwill from Toyota in the event of a request for assistance with repairs.

After the new car warranty has expired, servicing by a Toyota dealer would include the Hybrid Electric Service, which extends the warranty on the hybrid Battery by one year/10,000 miles. Servicing elsewhere wouldn't provide this warranty extension.

Moved to the Auris club.

Thanks for the information, as I thought, It seems that I am best to try to staying with the Toyota prices til the 5  years warrenty is finished.

Thanks

Whether it is worth it at 5 years old, there is a Toyota "5+ Club" which does offer a discount on older vehicles? As far as I can determine, it is all the service items rather than the watered down, but cheaper, Essential Service (for 5+ years old) which has been discontinued.

I did apply and have the card, but will consider the options next Feb. when a full service is due. All previous services have been carried out by the supplying dealer. I did manage to "blag" an Essential Sevice earlier this year in spite of the car being short 2 weeks of first registration!

However, as I suspected, they did "find" some very minor items requiring attention which I sorted out myself. They even "found"  a non existent crankshaft oil seal leak. When I pointed out that would be a warranty job (£700 quoted) it suddenly became an obvious error.😂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links