Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Playing music via USB

Bishman

34 minutes ago, 2badmice said:

If you can get yourself an android or IOS handset and then ask for the software update for your head unit next time you visit the service centre at the dealership to install Car Play / Android Auto update on it.

I did that over year ago but it's not necessary for this problem. I connect my phone via bluetooth and stream music that way.

34 minutes ago, 2badmice said:

Shuffle / Random will always repeat because that's how it works, otherwise it's not random/shuffle.  If you don't want repetition, create a playlist to avoid repetition.

I think you misunderstand. While an album or a track coming round again in short succession is reasonable what I was getting was actual repetition of the first album played. I don't think it was shuffling at all - just playing the same album round and round again.

Anyway I would not expect a music player to shuffle like that. I'd expect it to generate a playlist and in effect shuffle the track/album the way we'd shuffle a deck of cards. No matter how you shuffle a deck of cards if you then deal them out one by one you will never get the same card twice 😉 

On 7/24/2022 at 8:38 AM, AndrueC said:

I did that over year ago but it's not necessary for this problem. I connect my phone via Bluetooth and stream music that way.

I think you misunderstand. While an album or a track coming round again in short succession is reasonable what I was getting was actual repetition of the first album played. I don't think it was shuffling at all - just playing the same album round and round again.

Anyway I would not expect a music player to shuffle like that. I'd expect it to generate a playlist and in effect shuffle the track/album the way we'd shuffle a deck of cards. No matter how you shuffle a deck of cards if you then deal them out one by one you will never get the same card twice 😉 

Sounds like a fault with the player, if it's just playing one album

For shuffle (correctly random) it won't get a result how you expect.  If you want no repetition, then you can't ask for "random" and must dictate a playlist that doesn't pick it for you.

On 7/24/2022 at 8:38 AM, AndrueC said:

I did that over year ago but it's not necessary for this problem. I connect my phone via Bluetooth and stream music that way.

Apologies, I didn't see your first quote of mine.

Can I ask why you don't use AA/Car Play if it's available?  

I can't go back to anything else.  Maps/Messages/Calls and media all in one place is so much safer/easier/stressless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2badmice said:

Apologies, I didn't see your first quote of mine.

Can I ask why you don't use AA/Car Play if it's available?  

I can't go back to anything else.  Maps/Messages/Calls and media all in one place is so much safer/easier/stressless.

I don't want the hassle of getting the phone out of my pocket and plugging it in just to listen to music. AA wouldn't add anything anyway because I'd still use Rocket Player like I do now. The marginal increase in fidelity from USB is unlikely to be noticeable inside the car.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 12:34 PM, Kental said:

On CarPlay if you adjust the volume while a Google Maps message is playing, that adjusts the message volume, not aware of any way to do it proactively so to speak. 

I finally found out and it's obvious in retrospect. Google Maps is apparently playing the infotainment voice so adjusting the Volume on that is what you have to do.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links