Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slack in the shifter lever

LukaG

Hello. I have 2007 Auris 1.4 VVTi (ZZE150L-DHMNKW) 5 speed manual.

I noticed there is some slack in the shift lever when moving it in vertical direction. Tracked this down to the bushing on the gearbox. There is around 1-2mm of slack. I would like to replace this bushing, but I'm having difficult time finding replacement part.

It looks similar to this: http://www.diymytoyota.com/corolla/shifter-linkage-bushings/

I have searched at epc data, but there is no separate ID for this part (https://toyota-europe.epc-data.com/auris/zze150l/2413/chassis/3312/).

On this part I ask you for help finding some more info or store listings.

Thanks!

Not sure if you want to do a brass bushing upgrade, or it's just a picture of the general shape.

That slack is normal, i have it also, and gearbox is fine. If you have rought shifting at cold, or in general, think about changing the oil.

If you just want to get rid of the slack, you can instead get the measurements, and have someone 3d print the part for you, people do this as a service and it's not that costly.

If you want a brass bushing instead, get some local shop to get it cut out for you, part is simple enough and should not be costly.

I think both of these solutions should be cheaper, especially the 3d print one, than finding a part, ordering it online, shipping, etc etc.

Or you can "rejuvenate" the original part with a brass sleeve, or something similar.

Thanks for your answer.

I don't really want the brass one, just some rubber or polyurethane... Oil has been changed two months ago, around 5k kilometers ago. 

Also idea of 3d printing one seems pretty nice. Friend has a printer, so this should be really cheap.

Now in quarantine I have enough time to plan this thing out, so if I get it printed I will post results here 😉

• 2 months later...

Hi, I wonder if this problem you have here with the slack could cause the problem I am having which is selection of most gears except 3rd, 6th and reverse, 

I cannot select any of the other gears except 1st when I use the bridge as if I was going into reverse but I can get the 1st gear slot just about, 

Any clues would be most welcomed!

thanks 

Just to add my latest Auris is 1.33 VVTi TR petrol , not my old t3,

thanks

You can try to adjust the gear lever, if it's possible on Auris, check the linkage around the lever, inside the car, the gaiter just pops out easily, so you can inspect it.

Also check in the engine bay, if there is some adjuster.

If not, you can try replacing gearbox oil.

Thanks for reply furtula,  I cannot notice anything that looks odd on the inside of gear shifter , but there seem to be lot of play in bushes of where the cables connect to gearbox, but it just feel like it’s not enligned properly as the 1st gear position is further towards the reverse position then it should be ,

would gear oil cause this ?

thanjs

Usually the shift lever has slack only in up/down positions. Left right are mostly with minimal or no slack.

You can try replacing the bushings. 

I doubt oil is the problem, looks like you might have too much slack and it's misaligned. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

If you want auris bushings contact BRD the bushings are £33.50 including shipping

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links