Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cable not attached

Borti

A month ago I got my car back from repair, where the master cylinder was replaced.  The car runs fine now though has had little use during lockdown.  Today I went under the bonnet to top up the screenwash and spotted a loose cable.  It must have been like this since the repair.  I have taken some photos (red paintwork car) to show the cable that is near the fuses and is detached.  I've also photographed under another (grey) Prius to show the cable runs up through the plastic grill but don't know where to. There are two photos showing this.

I am trying to contact original garage but not so easy during lockdown.  Can someone identify what this cable is for and if it is okay to drive (at least to the garage at some point)?  Is it something that has just come loose and I can plug in myself, as it looks like a plug?

I'm afraid I don't know much about cars, so I'd be grateful if you can keep any responses simple. :-)

Many thanks.

WIN_20200416_12_04_45_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200416_12_05_01_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200416_12_05_07_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200416_12_05_34_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200416_12_06_08_Pro.jpg

That cable looks as if it is blanked off.  So, it is for an accessory that isn't fitted to your car.  Don't worry about it.

Just as Stivino says. 

I have an idea that for working on the master cylinder the grille that you show, and a quickly detachable panel underneath it, are removed for easier access (never owned a Prius, so can't be too sure).  The three orange circular pieces and the plastic they sit in are to seal the connector up when it has nothing to plug in to.  It does look like it should be clipped to something else, for neatness basically, this clip has possibly been broken.

its blanked off, just cable tie is out the way, Job done

1 hour ago, Borti said:

I have taken some photos (red paintwork car) to show the cable that is near the fuses and is detached.

Do your wipers work?

If they do, then the cable should have been routed the same way as the grey Prius photo. The wiper tray would have had to be removed, so it is likely the mechanic forgot to route it correctly. If it is not actually connected to anything then yes cable tie it to keep it tidy and out of the way.

The black part with the three orange bits in is a blanking cover. As said above it's a redundant connector.

Hello Stivino, Gerg, flash22, Joseph D and kithmo,

Thank you very much for your advice.  I am reassured and will just cable tie it.

Great help. Thanks.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links