Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Performance Air Intake System

Amir-Naji

Hello,

I saw Trd Performance Air Intake System in US market for Toyota Corrola Hybrid, and I was wondering if it is possible to find it in Eruope, and if it is really have any effect on fuel consumption, and such? And if it can be fit in Corollas which are built in Europe? Don't know if there are any differences between the ones in US and Europe under the hood.

Thanks

Amir

Are you sure it's for the hybrid? In the US they have a normal 1.8 L, 1.8 hybrid and a 2.0 naturally aspirated engine. I did a quick search and only found the air intake for the non hybrid variants.

2 minutes ago, King Crimson said:

Are you sure it's for the hybrid? In the US they have a normal 1.8 L, 1.8 hybrid and a 2.0 naturally aspirated engine. I did a quick search and only found the air intake for the non hybrid variants.

Some say there is some say no, but this site for example say it is for the hybrid:
https://parts.highcountrytoyota.com/oem-parts/toyota-trd-performance-air-intake-system-ptr0312190?c=Zz1wZXJmb3JtYW5jZSZzPXVuZGVyaG9vZCZsPTEmbj1TZWFyY2ggUmVzdWx0cyZhPXRveW90YSZvPWNvcm9sbGEmeT0yMDIwJnQ9aHlicmlkLWxlJmU9MS04bC1sNC1lbGVjdHJpYy1nYXM%3D

56 minutes ago, Amir-Naji said:

Hmmm that's interesting.... I wonder how it will affect fuel economy, the engine won't have to work as hard to pull the vehicle forward so maybe same fuel consumtion or slightly more than normal. Although getting better performance for a vehicle that is designed for economy seems a bit counterintuitive, but as i said earlier if you can get better performance for the same fuel consumtion then it's definetly worth it.

1 minute ago, King Crimson said:

Hmmm that's interesting.... I wonder how it will affect fuel economy, the engine won't have to work as hard to pull the vehicle forward so maybe same fuel consumtion or slightly more than normal. Although getting better performance for a vehicle that is designed for economy seems a bit counterintuitive, but as i said earlier if you can get better performance for the same fuel consumtion then it's definetly worth it.

Excatly my thought.

Without a remap it will be pointless it will just add noise and a small increase in fuel consumption

engines are simply an air pump, an engine will only take in the air it can exhaust

the hybrid engine is designed as an eco engine that uses the Atkinson cycle (otto cycle)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atkinson_cycle

9 hours ago, flash22 said:

Without a remap it will be pointless it will just add noise and a small increase in fuel consumption

engines are simply an air pump, an engine will only take in the air it can exhaust

the hybrid engine is designed as an eco engine that uses the Atkinson cycle (otto cycle)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atkinson_cycle

I'm not saying you are wrong, and I'm not an expert, but that's my question in first place. I saw it so there should be something.

At the same time it seems the things that companies put in their cars are not the best, and just simply is enough, and if you want a better result you need to upgrade them yourself.

Besides as you said

engines are simply an engine will only take in the air it can exhaust

How do you know that now the intake air couldn't be increase? Just curious!! 

If you have a larger intake the engine then needs more fuel, Then the exhaust becomes the restriction, You need to tell the car it needs more fuel by remapping the ecu

Company's spend millions on research and design to get the optimal fuel usage - in case of a hybrid it is tuned for economy

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links