Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice wanted

Joe cornish

Hi all 

after months of extensive research I have come to the conclusion of buying a Yaris t sport for my first car, however when shopping I check the mot to find the same common problem of the “Front Anti-roll bar pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement” and I’m wondering should I be cornered and should I stay away from this car or is it a easy cheap fix ? Also when I buy this car I would like it to be fully inspected by someone who had knowledge of this car and all of its specs so could j get a recommendation local to Bristol ( south west ) Also if there is any cars for sale could you send me a link so I can check it out 

thanks 

joe 😁

It's a car..there will always be risks..BUT...I doubt you will find a more reliable one than the Yaris.

The issues you mention should not be a problem at all..easily fixed at no great expense.

Trust me...you could do a LOT worse.!

Hope you are feeling rich, 1.5 t sport is in a high insurance group (Group 15) i would get some quotes first as you are a new driver you may even find that you have to be over 21 or 24 to get cover on it - you may be better off with a 1.0 to start with

Edit. a new driver on a group 15 car as a rough guess £1500 to £5K on a good day

Roll bar bushes are cheap, changing them to polybushes might be an idea - £70-120 for the labour is about right

Moved to the Yaris club.

Hi. 

If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Replacing the antiroll bar bushes is about 1 hour each side if you do it yourself, just 2 bolts each bush bracket. In my experience of anti roll bars they do not rotate so there is never wear on the steel bar just the rubber bush wears a little where you get a small amount of rotation on the bar as it does its torsion thing.

With a Yaris of that age I would check very carefully for structural rust under the car. In particular the floors, sills and where the sill meets the rear wheel arch also the suspension arms and mountings.

On 5/24/2020 at 12:13 PM, flash22 said:

Hope you are feeling rich, 1.5 t sport is in a high insurance group (Group 15) i would get some quotes first as you are a new driver you may even find that you have to be over 21 or 24 to get cover on it - you may be better off with a 1.0 to start with

Edit. a new driver on a group 15 car as a rough guess £1500 to £5K on a good day

Roll bar bushes are cheap, changing them to polybushes might be an idea - £70-120 for the labour is about right

Joe if I were you I would take the above advice and start off with a 1ltr Yaris, for lots of reasons the most important being just to get lots of experience driving. Good safe driving is not an overnight learning. Old saying you must learn to crawl before you can run. And it would be be much cheaper motoring. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links