Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Acceleration delay 2013 Yaris

Pandaboyz

Pretty much the title, my sister has a 2013 Yaris, 1.33, and the other day I was doing her tyre pressure and I decided to rev it, don't know why, maybe coz I have a 2006 Yaris and wanted to see the difference, but anyway, the delay in me pressing the pedal and the revs climbing was so much that I could rev the car and the revs would climb after a took my foot of the pedal, keep in mind I wasn't doing this in a hasty manner.

Phoned the local garage and they said it might be the clutch, literally no clue how on earth these two are linked, when I brought it in, they said they couldn't find anything wrong with the car and that I might feel there is a big delay because I'm used to driving my 2006 Yaris.

Question I have: is there anyway to reduce the delay of acceleration?

When was the last time it was serviced ? What condition is the air filter in ? is the engine light on ?

Can you snap the throttle ?

4 hours ago, Pandaboyz said:

Pretty much the title, my sister has a 2013 Yaris, 1.33, and the other day I was doing her tyre pressure and I decided to rev it, don't know why, maybe coz I have a 2006 Yaris and wanted to see the difference, but anyway, the delay in me pressing the pedal and the revs climbing was so much that I could rev the car and the revs would climb after a took my foot of the pedal, keep in mind I wasn't doing this in a hasty manner.

Phoned the local garage and they said it might be the clutch, literally no clue how on earth these two are linked, when I brought it in, they said they couldn't find anything wrong with the car and that I might feel there is a big delay because I'm used to driving my 2006 Yaris.

Question I have: is there anyway to reduce the delay of acceleration?

Could be down to several things, what mileage is on the car, and when did it get a full service?

Mileage is around 50k, there is no engine light, only bought around 6 months ago, not sure when full service was completed, most likely 6 months ago

What do you mean snap the throttle? 

Also I think it might be worth pointing out that when she bought the car, after a month I checked her oil and it was literally twice the capacity of the high dot on the dipstick if that makes sense.

Lets say the length between the low and high dot is 5cm, the oil was reading 10cm. Hopefully that makes more sense.

I take it you have drained the oil, too much oil is bad as not enough, you will kill the engine as it has to work harder, honestly i would do an oil and filter change asap

a throttle snap, press and release the throttle quickly

3 minutes ago, flash22 said:

a throttle snap, press and release the throttle quickly

Car stationary, handbrake on and in neutral. The revs. should increase immediately with minimal delay, that is, and rapidly. Then quickly return to idle.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links