Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla auto accelerate

Chriss27

On 6/13/2020 at 12:42 PM, King Crimson said:

So say i am parking and i get a constant tone, my car will then trigger the emergency stop? I've never had that happen.... Could this be a feature of the automatic parking you guys get in the uk(i'm guessing you don't have to actually use automatic parking but maybe there is some extra software that constantly monitors the cars distance)? I only have rear parking sensors and no front sensors 

No, I never use the parking facility since it decided it was fine to park on the pavement. I do it myself. The Corolla won't allow you to impact an object even at very slow speed. I have no idea why you don't have front parking sensors, but that will be why the brakes don't apply automatically when approaching an object in front.

14 hours ago, Timmon said:

No, I never use the parking facility since it decided it was fine to park on the pavement. I do it myself. The Corolla won't allow you to impact an object even at very slow speed. I have no idea why you don't have front parking sensors, but that will be why the brakes don't apply automatically when approaching an object in front.

The feature seems okay when reversing into a spot. I haven't used it very often though. The only issues I had with it are that my normal spot at work is at the end of the row so I can't get into position to use it and it appears to be a bit crude in that it only cares whether it fits or not. It seems to make no attempt to position itself evenly between the other vehicles. The exact position it ends up at seems to depend on where you started the procedure from.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Timmon said:

Yea front parking sensors aren't and auto parking aren't available even on the highest trim, and yeah i'm not expecting my car to stop when there are no front sensors. I was asking if my car will actually stop when reversing and i reach a point where i can't go any further.

• Like 1

Just found out that the system for stopping the car while parking backwards (or forwards if you have front sensors) is called ICS(Intelligence Clearance Sonar), it works beyond the scope of the parking sensors and will stop when there is no more to space. And it's not even available for any trim here in greece, yay.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 11:59 AM, King Crimson said:

Just found out that the system for stopping the car while parking backwards (or forwards if you have front sensors) is called ICS(Intelligence Clearance Sonar), it works beyond the scope of the parking sensors and will stop when there is no more to space. And it's not even available for any trim here in greece, yay.

Oh, bad luck. Yes, it must be the system hidden under the front Badge, also used for variable cruise control.

I wonder why there is such variance on specs from country to country? I understand that "fashion" might vary, thus the difference in upholstery colour and specs etc, but safety is a fairly universal requirement, I would have thought.

• Like 1

Well i do have adaptive cruise control so i don't think it's that. Propably just a system that is activated along side with the front and back sensors, yea it's really annoying how we miss a lot of the features that the corolla can provide. Thankfully the most important safety features are avaiable in every trim so that's good, rear cross traffic alert and blind spot monitoring would also be nice as well but ok i can live without them.  A sunroof for me was one of those things that i really wanted along side with the jbl sound system but nope, none are available.

6 hours ago, Timmon said:

I wonder why there is such variance on specs from country to country?

It is the individual importer to decide on specifications, and what they think will sell in their area. Which is also why names of specs vary.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

It is the individual importer to decide on specifications, and what they think will sell in their area. Which is also why names of specs vary.

In the 70s/80/90s sunroofs were thought to be a peculiar British consumer must-have. The names of models can also have quite different meanings dependant on country e.g. the original UK Vauxhall Nova was called the Corsa in Spain, not Nova as No Va(yas) is Spanish for NO GO😀

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rambler56 said:

In the 70s/80/90s sunroofs were thought to be a peculiar British consumer must-have. The names of models can also have quite different meanings dependant on country e.g. the original UK Vauxhall Nova was called the Corsa in Spain, not Nova as No Va(yas) is Spanish for NO GO😀

The Honda Fit is called a Jazz in Europe because Fitta is a very rude word in Swedish.

• Haha 2

The Toyota MR2's name was changed to MR for France as "MR deux" sounds like the French word for sh*t.

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links