Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bonnet level/panel gap

AygoRed

Hello all, we've recently picked up a 2016 Aygo. When standing square on looking at the front of the car I've noticed the panel gap between the bonnet and the front bumper is ever so slightly wider at the passenger side compared to the drivers side. What this means is the panel gap width tapers to a smaller panel gap towards the drivers side. I've also had a look at several Aygo for sale pictures on my local Toyota dealers website and it seems to be quite a common thing on the Aygo mark 2 - several Aygos of this shape had the same characteristic. Anyone else noticed it? Is there any reason for it? Seeing as it's so common I don't think its down to accident damage.

It's not the end of the world but if its a common issue with an easy fix then I'll have a go.  All I know is there's 2 rubber stoppers on the slam panel area. I'm tempted to wind the passenger side one down a little as that looks like the obvious starting point. Would you agree? I don't want to do more harm than good!  

I've have had one mk2 aygo, currently on my second, and never noticed anything.

Haven't noticed this on mine either. Wonder if it is because the bonnet latch is on the passenger side.

Hi

Same on our 2008 3dr...and I’ve noticed it on many Aygos...so strange, I’ve also noticed on many Aygos...with the bonnet opened...that the rubber seal on your left that sits on the edge of the top of the bumper is usually always missing...the right one is in place but not the left...so common...strange again! I purchased one on eBay and fixed it in place on mine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Hi

Same on our 2008 3dr...and I’ve noticed it on many Aygos...so strange, I’ve also noticed on many Aygos...with the bonnet opened...that the rubber seal on your left that sits on the edge of the top of the bumper is usually always missing...the right one is in place but not the left...so common...strange again! I purchased one on eBay and fixed it in place on mine.

lol, missing on my 2008 as well.

What did you get off eBay? Was it a specific part, or the generic rubber seal?

There are some bump stops for the mk1 bonnet that adjust out by unscrewing. That may help if they are the same on the mk2. Ours were screwed in and made the bonnet rattly. Ours also has the piece of trim missing. You have reminded me to get a piece.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links