Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 2019: soft floor on drivers side

yarisHybrid

I have just been out to feel the floor in my car, I also have the rubber mats.  I lifted up the mat to feel the carpet underneath and yes it does feel spongey and can be compressed more than you would expect.  There must be a thick layer of insulation below the carpet, its nothing I would worry about.

• Thanks 1

The carpet doesn't have much resemblance to domestic carpet, apart from it going under your feet:  I think it is made pre-shaped to the footwell of the car.  There is almost certainly a thick layer of mixed cloth fibres in a mat/pad/layer under the carpet (well, there is on the Auris, which suffers similarly).

I have lifted it right up to look underneath on the Auris - there's nothing to concern, but I'm not sure what would happen if you were wearing stilleto heels, you could manage to punch a hole in it if you got enough weight behind such a small area.

This Czech site gives an idea as to what is underneath the carpet, before they put their own soundproofing in.

https://www.ahifi.cz/clanky/detail/toyota-corolla-odhlucneni-0.htm

• Thanks 1

When you think about it a car carpet probably takes 10 times more abuse then ever you give to your lounge carpet. Just think of what gets trod into a car carpet, stones, clippings etc that run and wear the fibres. Don’t I ever wiped my feet. As I got into the car. They continually getting wet, snow etc, that’s a lot of punishment. Then just as bad, if not worse, the heels of our feet, particularly the right one, we dig into the carpet. Pure abuse, so no wonder they are somewhat different to house carpets and why I choose to use rubber carpets on top of what Mr Toyota fits.

Carpet on the Corolla is very thick, your feet sink in when you climb in. Feels much more premium than it’s predecessor 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links