Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Increasing The Turbo Boost On A Rev 2.

swales_p

Ive been reading allot of the post in the forum and have come across allot of people saying that their going to increase the boost to 15psi = more power. :eek:

More power means im defo interested in this way thinking. BUT can the boost just be increased (by a garage or boost control?) or do other mods have to be done in making sure the turbo doesnt blow up and damage the engine. Ok i mite have over exagerated the consequences of this but i really dont wanna wreck my new motor in doing a cheap + easy mod.

Cheers :thumbsup:

WAIT!!! 1 more thing. what power gains are expected through this tweaking of the boost? BHP? 0-60 etc etc :thumbsup:

Get the following.

1. Boost guage

2. G-valve

3. FCD

4. Hose ..

add them to your car for 5 psi gain .. should be about 260 BHP ..

According to an article on here, the 3S-GTE will produce an extra 10rwbhp for ever 1lb of boost over that of standard.

So if your tubby is boosting at 10PSI, by upping that to 15PSI, you'll get an extra 50rwbhp.

Sounds unreal, but it works! ;)

the increase starts to decline after a certain boost level. i.e. it wont be 10rwhp for every 1lb of boost. Can't rem what the cutoff point is... ben?...

-Z

I got about 45 off 5 psi boost .. and then it tails off dramatically, as you have more air created, but it's hotter (less dense) ..

15 is about the optimum .. unless you have extra cooling (WI, IC, CC)

I got about 45 off 5 psi boost .. and then it tails off dramatically, as you have more air created, but it's hotter (less dense) ..

15 is about the optimum .. unless you have extra cooling (WI, IC, CC)

see didnt havta wait that long for an answer did ya?

:D

-Z

I do my best ..

Here to help and all that ..

Bibbs,

What's the difference between a Charge cooler and an Intercooler? I thought they did the same thing? :huh:

chargecooler is water so more efficient at cooling than an intercooler which uses air to cool

chargecooler is water so more efficient at cooling than an intercooler which uses air to cool

and before getting too many idea's 10 x harder to setup in a MR2 ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

It's why the ST205 had the extra 10 BHP over the rev3 tubbie with the same engine ..

I know there is one in development at the moment ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links