Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch 2 with go problem

Cristian1

I have a problem with music play , IT say bluethooth error but the phone calls working , the problem appear after upgraded the phone to Android 10 (I think don't know for sure but it was immediately), some times just working let's say from 10 connection 2 it's working didn't find a pattern . What I try : Samsung S8 (Android 9) working no problem , iPhone 8 / se2 / xr working , Samsung a5 Android 9 working , I'm on Huawei the phone came with Android 9 working flawless 2-3 months , then I upgraded to 10 and stop working . What I'm looking now it's some free method to upgrade the unit (don't care about maps) I attach some info . Any tips / advise to try?

IMG_20200808_064514.jpg

IMG_20200808_064504.jpg

There are head unit software upgrades but the latest version is dated 02/2016 pre dating Android 10 so its unlikely there would be any fixes.

With "GO" navigation installed the nav ECU handles the bluetooth and software updates for the Nav ECU are bundled with map updates the latest being 6.15.0 issued in May 2020

Then the solution is to get some good aftermarket nav (with Android) I think it will be the same price I pay to update . Thanks for info.

lol don't bother with Chinese junk if compatibility is a problem and support will be zero, A decent stereo will set you back 1000 euro - A map update is 130-140 euros

I don't care about maps , I use my phone for navigation/GPS , and with 200 euro you have something more than decent (why to upgrade something who is outdated?) , Believe me I came from vag group and the last navigation was something with windows mobile and worked like a champ with all mods I put (music about 1200w real) . This nav it's below common sense and didn't hear nobody to charge money if you want to kept using . (I'll pay now and when Android 11 it will be about what ?! Pay again ?! Excuse me but this is bullsh*t ) 

Well tbh it's not Toyota's fault  a decent android auto HU will still set you back 400 euro, in the uk the updates are £129 you download them then use a code

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/

Wrong that Toyota fault , 14 year old nav with Windows Mobile worked like they say music sensors of your car etc . I never hear to stop working if it is a newer phone . You have a phone ? You pay by year your bluetooth connection? I never hear for pay for your bluetooth connection. Excuse me it's my fault because I use the car for 6 year's , let's throw away and get the new one. (Sorry man you should think about this)

Enough with the drama. Nothing to do with Toyota. Obviously a software bug with the new version on Android on that hardware, given it worked find on Android 9. Stick to a phone on the supported list and you'll be fine.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links