Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota RAV4 alarm

rob47

Hi members I got 2014 Toyota rav 4 2014 2.2 invincible the problem is the alarm keeps going off at night time thinking the Battery was at fault put a new Battery on it lasted about 5 days last night the same thing happened checked voltage 12.5 volts any help with this would be appreciated  thanks rob

Please update your profile to include the Rav4.

This has happened to me occasionally and it's usually been a spider or fly setting off the ultrasonic alarm.  It's irritating because I can unlock/disarm it from indoors and re lock, but to disable the ultrasonic part of the alarm required a button to be pressed inside the car before locking/setting.

On my model the button is up on with the front interior light switches, but on other Toyota I've had it's been in various positions like under the steering column.  My last Prius displayed a message on the dash every time I switched the car off, inviting me to press the "OK" button on the steering wheel for a one-time disabling of the "Theft Alarm".

Hi Pete many thanks for your reply will try that tonight

• 2 weeks later...

Just happened to our D4D 2.2 Inv. First time 04.20 i reset with the key fob. Ten mins later off again. Up i got and found a moth on the inside. Reset alarm after pressing the button on the mirror mount. Finger crossed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links