Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Correct coolant for 2005 2.2 D4D.

peter.ling24@gmail.com

Hi again guys,

My 2005 2.2 D4D to my knowledge has never had a coolant change. Its mileage in just over 80,000. The coolant is pink in colour both in the expansion tank and radiator. The temperature gauge has never crept over normal position. It maintains its correct level even after having  driving 500 miles recently.

The questions is this.

Do you suggest a coolant change and if so, with what please? Is there anything else you suggest doing, if a coolant change is advised?

As always, your replies are gratefully received.

Peter

I recently changed the water pump on my 1.8 Valvematic, so the coolant had to be drained. I used Toyota long life concentrate mixed with de-ionised water 50/50. Search on eBay using the words - Toyota long life coolant. The colour option is red or pink, premixed or concentrate. I went the concentrate route, because it was cheaper and get more capacity.  
P1180625.JPG

Two types of Toyota coolant - Long Life (red in colour) and Super Long Life (pink). The Super Long Life is an OAT coolant. Long Life coolant should be OK for around two years/20,000 miles and Super Long Life for five years/50,000 miles. S

Super Long Life is backwards compatible with Long Life.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links