Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Failed Hybrid health check

Itsfine

My 2014 Yaris hybrid has just failed the annual health check. I have been told to take the car back after 320 miles for a re-check. Are you supposed to get an explanation of a failure and what is the significance of 320 miles?

10 minutes ago, Itsfine said:

My 2014 Yaris hybrid has just failed the annual health check. I have been told to take the car back after 320 miles for a re-check. Are you supposed to get an explanation of a failure and what is the significance of 320 miles?

The HHC does give a basic reason, e.g Fault code stored, 12v Battery weak, Battery recently disconnected, DTC recently cleared, the mileage is required to ensure none of the previous has recurred before providing HHC cover. If you PM your chassis I can look and see what reason was stored for the failure.

• Like 1

Hi I had to wait 500 miles to retest my prius after failing the Hybrid health test 4 times only to find it was a faulty lead on the tester that was at fault I had to contact the Toyota Portal  to remove the 4 extra entry's automatically put in my records by the dealer  

If it fails should the fault not be covered by the extended hybrid warranty?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, corpjones said:

If it fails should the fault not be covered by the extended hybrid warranty?

Yes, but does he have one Mark ?

Car has not been sat but has only been on short runs during covid.  I have warranty.  The dealer disconnected the Battery to reset the display so could this have caused the fail?

9 hours ago, Itsfine said:

Car has not been sat but has only been on short runs during covid.  I have warranty.  The dealer disconnected the battery to reset the display so could this have caused the fail?

Yes. See Devon Aygo post above 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links