Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Going to replace headgasket myself Rav 4 2007 2ad-fhv

psg-1

Ref my previous thread: 

I'm not a car mechanic, but I will still try to repair my engine myself. I've tried to find helps, manuals and videos online, but there's not much information to get about the diesel engine. The Toyota dealer told me they recomend to remove the engine from the car to easier get access. I'm in a doubt, because it's easy to remove the engine when you have a proper workshop and equipment, but I'm going to do this in my garage at home. So I think it will be less work for me to just try to fix this with the engine still in the car. That may change as I progress with this operation. It will take a long time, but I can use my wifes car in the meantime. I can also try to describe what I do step by step here on the forum, if there's any interest?

So my first question is: Does anyone know a good manual to download, either for free, or to buy? Mostly they don't cover diesel engines. 

Now I must say sorry for my bad English, I'm from Norway, so it's not my first language. Hopefully you can understand me, but please ask if I'm not clear. And please correct me if I describe or write something wrong. 

Yes. Download the workshop manual directly from Toyota

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/

It will cost you 4 Euro an hour, but you can download and print off only the parts you need to use 

This is a really big DIY job and not something to do if you are not familier with doing such a big job on your own. Good luck 

Unless you have a way to lift the engine (hoist etc.) then I wouldn’t be in a hurry to remove the engine at home.

• Like 1

The easier part is getting the engine out and dismantled.  The hard part is putting it together, getting the engine back in, and getting it running properly. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links