Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch 2 Go software corrupted

johntap26

Hi all,

have a question about my Toyota touch 2 go multimedia system. I downloaded the maps updates and saved all files on an empty USB. followed the online guidance and went to my car and was planning to update the system. i made the critical mistake of not turning the engine on but just switching the multimedia on (it's a 2019 yaris hybrid, engine turns on with a button). the system started installing the updates (was supposed to take 30-40mins) but after 15 mins the multimedia switched off (because it's set to automatically turning off when the engine is turned off).

After that happened and i switched the engine on my touch 2 go stopped working. when i turn the engine on i only see the hybrid logo and then after a couple of minutes a message comes up saying that audio is off. both navigation and radio are dead, obviously.

I called my local dealer and they said i need to visit them, they'll try to reset it but said we may have to buy a new one with the cost estimated at £1,500 😮 !!! I was shocked to hear this, i was kind of expecting that we can easily reset the system, like you would do with a Windows laptop! Frustratingly, the Toyota online guidance on how to update maps mentions nothing about the engine being always on. Perhaps it;s obvious to some huge Toyota fans or engine, software experts etc. but wasn't to me. They have to write in there with bold upper case red letters that "please keep the engine on while updating, otherwise you risk your next monthly salary all spent on buying a new touch 2 go" !

Anyone else had a similar experience, any suggestions about how this problem is usually fixed? have my appointment next week with the engineers, i hope they can just reboot the system!

many thanks

edit: apologies, being new here posted the topic under the Auris club, happy for advice on how to move it to the Yaris one 🙂

Moved to the Yaris club.

The instructions clearly say the engine must be running and you even have to confirm it on the screen !

2115702834_ToyotaMap.thumb.png.8aa7b706962ea85bf3fd1181010655fd.png

You may have just corrupted the navigation

Put the car in ready mode and put the stick in the usb port leave it for 5 mins making sure the led on the stick (if it has one) is flashing, it should start to recover

it may boot you into the car menu you should be able to start the update from the hidden service menu

If it stays on the Toyota logo try to access the hidden service menu

£1500 is for a complete system, iirc the unit can be sent back and repaired for a fixed price

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flash22 said:

You may have just corrupted the navigation

Put the car in ready mode and put the stick in the usb port leave it for 5 mins making sure the led on the stick (if it has one) is flashing, it should start to recover

it may boot you into the car menu you should be able to start the update from the hidden service menu

If it stays on the Toyota logo try to access the hidden service menu

£1500 is for a complete system, iirc the unit can be sent back and repaired for a fixed price

Great thanks that's really useful and reassuring about the cost. I may give the USB another go (tried already once but removed it after 30secs when not responding) and leave it there for 5 mins in case it does something with the menu. Not sure how i would access the hidden menu though! Anyway, next week i'm visiting my local dealer and hope they'll sort it out at a reasonable price! 🙂

Access to the service menu.

Press and hold the car button and turn the sidelights on and off 3 times

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links