Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Motor unit

pauseklovn

Hello

AYGO 1 L (2010)

Can I change the ecu engine control unit myself?

cylinder 2 fault from unit

(Ignition coil, spark plugs,  are brand new and okay. Compression okay. Wiring original )

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think it's as easy as just swapping it. It would have t he programmed to the car I think due to the immobiliser.  

What's the problem?  How do you know it's the ECU?

Hello again

First mechanic told the engine itself is ok. They spent 4 hours (6½ hours, but they gave discount down to the 4 hours I paid) and changed spark plugs, ignition coil without being sure of faults. Errors are periodic. The mechanic would then change the ECU (find a used one that needed to be reprogrammed) but they were not 100% sure it would help and then they would change the wiring harness. But when the Mechanic was so insecure and not sure what could help, I stopped their work and picked up the car. Now I examine everything so I can hand in the Aygo to another workshop (Bosch shop)

Flash22

After I got the car home I drove 14½ mil of which 1 - 2 mil Aygo drove normally. Do not think it is injection nozzles.

However, have read about a spring that will not return in the injection. But mechanical failure should occur 100% of the time ........ Or?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 3:29 PM, pauseklovn said:

Flash22

swap the injectors 2 and 1,  and now no problems...........But the mechanic has asked me to pick up the car and drive around in it, to see if the periodic fault comes again

He may have knocked some dirt loose or the injector o-ring was letting in air by moving it, it has reseated it

electrical problems can be very intermittent

IIRC the input side of an injector has a very fine filter

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links