Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 Avensis 2.2 D-4D D-CAT sutter at 2000 RPM

Jellyhaze

Hello!

My Avensis have recently started to stutter/hesitate at around 1950-2100 rpm. The car starts fine, both in warm and cold weather. Idles at 1100 rpm when cold and then goes down to around 1000 rpm when warm. It will accelerate fine up to apr. 1950 rpm where it starts to stutter/hesitate, I can push through it and when I reach 2100 rpm the stutters stops and the car works fine. The stutter is most noticeably at 3rd, 4th, 5th and the 6th gear. There is no engine light showing neither does it produce any fault codes to read with the obd2 scanner.

The EGR valve has been changed and the turbo also, the air filter, motor oil and fuel filter has also been changed recently. I have experienced the problem borth with my brand new summertime tires and my almost brand new winter tires.

Before I changed the EGR valve and before I knew it was the EGR valve that was the culprit for that problem, I tried cleaning the MAF sensor to see if it would help but it didn't. Now I am starting to think that the MAF sensor may be faulty after the cleaning (did spray MAF sensor cleaning at the wire and let it air dry, did not touch any wires or contacts) because it feels like the problem started to build up from there.
Is the MAF sensor sensitive to cleaning and such?

Car model: Toyota Avensis Combi 2.2 D-4D D-CAT Manual, 177hp, 200

Best regards,

Jelly

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links