Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front And Rear Dashcams

EcoDriver85

With my Toyota dealership quoting £350 for supply and fit, I took a visit to Halfords.  They warned me that when trying to hard wire a dash cam system into the fuse board on some hybrids, this results in the camera being on all the time and draining the Battery.  Something to do with positive fuses and the camera not turning off when the ignition is off.....

They've never fitted one to a C-HR before so couldn't tell me. I would have to buy the product, book a fitting appointment and they would check then.

Any C-HR owners successfully had a dash cam system hard wired in?

Cheers

I bought a double adaptor for the cigarette lighter thingy under the armrest routed the cables and plugged them in. Took about an hour.

Hope this helps. 

2 hours ago, EcoDriver85 said:

With my Toyota dealership quoting £350 for supply and fit, I took a visit to halfords.  They warned me that when trying to hard wire a dash cam system into the fuse board on some hybrids, this results in the camera being on all the time and draining the battery.  Something to do with positive fuses and the camera not turning off when the ignition is off.....

They've never fitted one to a C-HR before so couldn't tell me. I would have to buy the product, book a fitting appointment and they would check then.

Cheers

Hi Alan, Halfords hard wired my front and rear cameras in my Yaris Hybrid and it switches off a second or two after the stop bottom is pressed. Beware of buying Halfords own brand of cameras. I initially had them and twice they failed, so long story short they installed a well known brand and had to renew / the wiring. £350 does not seem excessive providing you get a good recognized brand of cameras one on front and one on rear windows.

2 hours ago, EcoDriver85 said:

With my Toyota dealership quoting £350 for supply and fit, I took a visit to halfords.  They warned me that when trying to hard wire a dash cam system into the fuse board on some hybrids, this results in the camera being on all the time and draining the battery.  Something to do with positive fuses and the camera not turning off when the ignition is off.....

Cheers

The Toyota offering for front & rear facing is an exclusive version of the Nextbase 380GWX, which includes the option of a Parking mode as well a Battery backup to support parking mode 

I had a Nextbase fitted to my corolla by the dealer just the front facing one about £280 I think was roughly about the same price Halfords were selling it for. They wired into the fuse board under the passenger side dash I imagine the fuse board would be in the same place as the corolla check in your handbook they used the piggy back lead (fly lead) that comes with the dash cam they used the 15 amp fuse at the front of the fuse board which powers the 12 v socket . 15 amp fuse in one side of lead and a 2 amp the other side for the dash cam, camera powers up and down when power switch is in accessory mode. I also wired in a garmin rear camera to the same circuit. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry James I addressed you as Alan. I was wondering if you got the dash cams fitted and who did you use ?. I forgot to add that Halfords fitted Next Base in replacement of their own brand.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links