Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tape player

garys1

Hi all

My daughter wants to buy a 2002 yaris as her first car.

It has s tape player not a CD player.

If I buy a second hand CD player and facia is it a straight swap and the display on the dashboard will still work.

Are the plugs on the back the same

Kind regards Gary 

Quite a few years since I added a CD player to this era of Yaris but it is quite a straightforward job and at the time was an addition rather than a replacement.

It was possible to buy an official CD player which fitted into the gap under the radio and tape player - well a sort of empty box it should appear as. From memory there were then two cables with adapters which could be fitted into the existing cable - there was a convenient plug and socket to fit the CD player into.

If you manage to find a working one of these it should be a doddle to fit and should work straightaway.

Best of luck !

Im not 100% but the mk1 may use a security code, used CD players can fetch good money

You may want to go with an aftermarket radio with features like USB and bluetooth, An iso adapter £3-5 and fascia (£9-19)* are fairly cost-effective Eg. CT24TY05

there are plenty of videos on youtube

*it depends on the dash setup in the car

Another option is a cassette adapter. Goes into the tape player with a cable that connects to an ipod or a phone. It's what I use. About £2 off eBay.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links