Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 1.8 2008 Cruise Control Installation

ArisFes

Hello Community,

I have a 2008 Avensis Sedan 1.8 located in Greece. It does not come with a cruise control switch. I would like to know if it is possible to install one. Please suggest some internet resources for the installation (just to make sure it can be done, I won't do it myself). Ideally please also suggest what parts I need.

I suspect the circuit is already installed in the car and it just needs the steering wheel switch. However the authorized dealer told me it can't be done. I really can't understand why.

Here is a picture of my car:

TOYOTAAvensisLiftback-3570_1.jpg

• 2 years later...

On 2/4/2021 at 5:44 PM, ArisFes said:

Hello Community,

I have a 2008 Avensis Sedan 1.8 located in Greece. It does not come with a cruise control switch. I would like to know if it is possible to install one. Please suggest some internet resources for the installation (just to make sure it can be done, I won't do it myself). Ideally please also suggest what parts I need.

I suspect the circuit is already installed in the car and it just needs the steering wheel switch. However the authorized dealer told me it can't be done. I really can't understand why.

Here is a picture of my car:

TOYOTAAvensisLiftback-3570_1.jpg

Did you get anywhere with this? I have same question 

As far as I know, the T25 1.8 petrol never had cruise control standard or option. Only the larger petrol and all the diesels had cruise control depending on trim level, for the UK at least. Any subject on retrofitting cruise control, mainly applied to the diesels 

Any cruise control fitted to the 1.8 probably are third party aftermarket. Please don't confuse the T27 Valvematic 1.8, which has cruise control from TR/T4 level to the previous shape T25.

My only observation would be that, even if it can be done, whoever is doing it would need to be an extremely competent mechanic/technician, as, looking at the system on my T27 1.8 Avensis, it is complex. Safety, of course, is paramount and I am not sure if I would ever feel 100% safe, once cruise is engaged, of it correctly cancelling itself at 70+mph when retro fitted. Just my opinion.

It's not that complicated, many have done it

the 1.8 petrol never got CC

From July 2007 only T4 grade and above got CC (T3-X D-4D models) - that would be the last year of the T250

info source from Toyota media

https://media.toyota.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/pdf/Avensis-Gen2-MC-launch-pack-2006.pdf

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

It's not that complicated, many have done it

the 1.8 petrol never got CC

From July 2007 only T4 grade and above got CC (T3-X D-4D models) - that would be the last year of the T250

info source from Toyota media

https://media.toyota.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/pdf/Avensis-Gen2-MC-launch-pack-2006.pdf

They must be far better amateur mechanics than me LOL. It is (Cruise) factory installed on my 2010 1.8 T27.

OP has a T25 with the 1ZZ

TBH, i haven't looked at the JDM spec cars yet, only way to tell if it has the programming in the ecu is to use techstream and see what is in the CC data list

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links